Friday, January 2, 2015

Flash Fiction Friday - It Was the Blue Jar

            It was the blue jar that she sent me for. She was focused on her work, and I was too embarrassed to explain.
            I went into the storage room and stood before her array of jars. Why are there so many? Most looked yellow or brown. I found four blue ones. Or were they purple? or pink? I picked up one, and then another, trying to decide.
            Finally, I chose one at random and brought to her. I figured, if it was wrong, she’d say so. But she took it without looking and dumped its contents into the cauldron.
            Oops.



♥/Kat!e

Today's Novel Idea Prompted by: "It was the blue jar" Courtesy of The Sarcastic Muse.

2 comments:

Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

Sounds like a recipe for a Emperor's New Groove style mix up! I love the idea of a room full of jars; something about jars themselves are so magical!

Quinlyn said...

Hehehe, this one is silly. I was going to say "I hope nothing bad happens", but who am I kidding? The bad things that happen are the best part. I'm with Ginny--rooms full of jars are a lovely mental image.