Sunday, June 8, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesday - Home

So... it's not Wednesday. Not even close. It's four o'clock on a Sunday morning. But I didn't get my WonHundred Word Wednesday post written this week, and now I can't sleep, so I thought it would be a good time to write it. So... thus. WonHundred Word Wednesday post, only a few days late. 





            In all the years I’ve lived here, I never once called this place my home. So why is it so hard to leave?
            I look down on the pristine city, its towers shining in the sunlight. A prison. Beautiful, yes, but not a place where a man can be free.
            Ahead of me lies uncertainty. No doubt there will be dangers. But I’ve fought all my life for this. To get away. To be free.
            But everything I am or ever was is inside that city.
            I look over my shoulder at freedom. Then I start back towards my home.

♥/Kat!e

Today's Novel Idea Prompted by: "In all the years I’ve lived here, I never once called this place my home.” Courtesy of WonHundred Word Wednesday! Read the other responses: 


3 comments:

Jenna Eatough said...

This is so sad but happens all too often. I really can be easier to stick with what you know instead of what you want.

Also, I love your button to see all the prompts. Mind if I borrow it?

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Writing this one super frustrated me. I did NOT want him to go back.

Of course you can use the button ^_^ I actually got the image from someone else in WWW.

Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

Mmm, maybe there's something important he needs to do? Like save everyone else from bondage? . . . . I don't know . . . . I'm just trying to be an opitmist here :D

(I'm glad you wrote it! Better late than never, right? :D)