Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesday - Don't Open Your Eyes

"No matter what you hear, no matter how badly you want to, do NOT open your eyes."
I stand there, eyes squeezed tight like he said. I know peeking would be wrong. This man is so kind. He took me in when my parents stopped coming home. I guess that makes him my Daddy now.
I’m hurt. I know that, though the man won’t tell me what’s wrong. Something inside of me is broken. So now I’m standing with my eyes closed. But I want to look so bad.
Music. Light shining behind my eyelids. One little look won’t hurt….

♥/Kat!e

Today's Novel Idea Prompted by: "No matter what you hear, no matter how badly you want to, do NOT open your eyes." Courtesy of WonHundred Word Wednesday! Read the other responses: 



2 comments:

Jessica Winn said...

Poor girl! I'm curious to know what she'll see. Nicely done. :)

Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

Ah! This one left me with serious heebie-jeebies! (What happens next?!)