Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Susperia and Yauth

Susperia closed her eyes, holding very still. Yauth's pale brown eyes danced over her. He waited patiently for the dam to break. 
"You killed her," Susperia said, her voice barely more than a whisper. 
Yauth smirked. "Yes."
The faintest shadow of sorrow crossed her face. She took a deep breath, balling her hands into tight fists. "Why?"
"She was assisting those fools. She was destroying everything we have worked for." Yauth reached out a hand and tenderly stroked Susperia's face. "I couldn't let her live."
"You promised me," Susperia said. Her voice wavered, her chin trembled. "You promised me she would live."
His hand under her chin, Yauth tipped Susperia's face up towards his. She opened her eyes, revealing tears. 
"Do not mourn for her." Yauth stroked her skin. "You know she did not deserve a place with us."
"She was my sister."
"She was your lesser. My kingdom can be built only of those who are great."
"You never intended to let her live." 
"What does it matter?" 
She yanked away from him. "What does it matter?! She was my SISTER!! Hang your kingdom, blast your perfect society! I loved her!"
"You can still love her."
"She's dead! Because of you!!"
He reached out a hand again. "Susperia--"
"Don't."
He watched her turn away. "Do not allow emotion to cloud your judgement."
Her voice as soft as the wind in the grass, Susperia spoke. "I loved you, too."
Then she vanished. 
Yauth shook his head, smiling to himself. "Fool," he said. 


♥/Kat!e

Today's Novel Idea Prompted by: The picture, courtesy of Young Authors in Training... again. I really love their page. The characters in this scene are from my 2012 NaNo novel, though this scene does not appear in the book. 

No comments: